And no, I don't mean on Google or Wikipedia.
- Plumbing emergencies — now resolved. Slow leak from main toilet cistern has been fixed by a very competent plumb-person. (Male, of course; this is rural Gloucestershire. None of the luxury I used to have in London of the possibility that a woman would turn up).
- Water stains on the ceiling — definitely water, not the (much worse) alternative. Amenable to me (or the lodger) on a ladder with a paintbrush and ten minutes to spare.
- Access VBA error handling idiosyncrasies — a little progress here; Bill Gates still has much to answer for, but I have resolved the proximate cause of head-desk interaction.
- Arthritis developing in my lower back and hips — b*gger the pain killers, I've gone for red wine instead. Equally as effective, plus much more enjoyable.
- Dandelions running rampant in the garden — still in the garden, still rampant. Hoping for an overnight miracle gardener.